Matson has more experience shipping cars for consumers, manufacturers, businesses, and the military than any other carrier in the Pacific. With more than 140 years specializing in transportation across the Pacific, you can rely on Matson to provide an easy, convenient and reliable car shipping experience to Hawaii, U.S. Mainland, Alaska, and Guam.
Matson’s online tools allow you to book your car shipment at your convenience from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. Our knowledgeable customer service representatives can also help you make a booking and answer questions about car shipping to Hawaii, U.S. Mainland, Alaska, and Guam. Please contact Matson Customer Service at 1-800-4MATSON to get a free quote today.
With industry-leading on-time vessel arrivals and stellar customer service, car shipping with Matson offers peace of mind so you can focus on other details of your move.
- Cost to ship a car to Hawaii from U.S. Mainland starts at $1,597.01.
- View our pricing page for more details.
- Contact Matson Customer Service at 1-800-4MATSON to get a quote on oversized vehicles, boats, or RVs.
Attentive Car Care
- Matson ships thousands of cars each month and provides each and every one the finest care.
- Cars transit the Pacific in protected, ship-board garages, specially designed auto frames, or in closed containers.
Quick Drop-off and Pick-up
- Matson dedicated auto lots help customers avoid nearby terminal (Long Beach, Oakland, Tacoma, Honolulu, Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Guam) congestion and help ensure fast and convenient drop off and pick up.
Real Time Tracking Port to Port
- Matson’s car shipping tracking tool provides transparency and peace of mind so you know where your vehicle is in real time, port to port.
WHERE can Matson ship my car/truck?
- U.S. Mainland ports: Tacoma, Oakland, Los Angeles
- Hawaii ports: Honolulu, Kahului, Nawiliwili, Hilo
- Alaska ports: Anchorage, Kodiak, Dutch Harbor
- Guam/Micronesia ports: Guam, Saipan, Yap, Republic of Palau, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Majuro, Ebeye, Kwajalein
HOW LONG does it take to ship a car?
- To Hawaii from West Coast 19 – 33 Days†
- To Alaska from Tacoma 3 – 7 Days*
- To Guam from West Coast 14 – 21 Days
- To Micronesia from West Coast 18 – 27 Days*
* Vessel sailing days only. Does not include transition period between auto lot, loading/unloading staging area and ship. Vehicle availability may vary; please contact Customer Service for details.
†Includes 5-8 sailing days, 3-5 days loading/unloading, 4-14 days for neighbor island (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili) barge sailing. Transit times will vary based on vessel and connecting barge schedules and loading/unloading time. Vehicle availability may vary; please contact Customer Service for details.