WHY Matson for shipping a car, boat or RV to or from Alaska?
- More experience shipping cars for consumers, manufacturers, and the military than any other Pacific carrier.
- Vehicles move to, from, and within Alaska in specially designed auto frames or in closed containers.
- Personal effects are allowed inside your car to and from Alaska for an additional fee.
- An extra set of tires is allowed inside your car to and from Alaska for no extra fee.
- Dedicated Matson Terminals in Anchorage, Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, and Tacoma ensure drop off and pick up are fast and convenient.
- Effortless online bookings for one stop shipping to the U.S. mainland, across the Pacific, or within Alaska
- Delivery on your schedule, with more Pacific ports served more frequently than any other carrier.
- Real time tracking port to port for transparency and peace of mind.
- Easy, convenient, and reliable car shipping process.
- Call Matson Customer Service at 1-877-678-7447 for a free quote or to learn more.
HOW much does it cost to ship a car to Alaska?
- Cost to ship a car to Alaska from Tacoma starts at $2,048.18.
- View our pricing page for more details on the cost to ship a car to or from Alaska by origin and destination port.
- Contact Matson Customer Service at 1-877-678-7447 to get a quote on shipping oversized vehicles, boats, trailers, and RVs to or from Alaska, or for more information about shipping your car.
HOW MUCH does it cost?
(Alaska Rates effective 04/18/2021)
Tacoma port to Alaska ports
- Tacoma to Anchorage 15’x7’x5’H $2,097.71
- Tacoma to Anchorage 5’6″- 6’5″H $2,674.88
- Tacoma to Kodiak up to 21’6″L x 7″H $3,500.10
- Tacoma to Dutch Harbor up to 21’6″L $4,475.27
Alaska ports to Tacoma
- Anchorage to Tacoma 15’x7’x5’H $1,504.90
- Anchorage to Tacoma 15’1″- 21’L $1,969.54
- Dutch Harbor to Tacoma up to 21’6″L $3,679.18
- Kodiak to Tacoma up to 21’6″L x 7’H $2,835.90
WHERE can Matson ship my car/truck?
- Alaska ports: Anchorage, Kodiak, Dutch Harbor
- U.S. Mainland ports: Tacoma, Oakland, Long Beach
- Hawaii ports: Honolulu, Kahului, Nawiliwili, Hilo
- Guam/Micronesia ports: Guam, Saipan, Yap, Republic of Palau, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Majuro, Ebeye, Kwajalein
- South Pacific ports: Samoa, American Samoa, Fiji, Tahiti, Auckland
HOW LONG does it take?
- To Alaska from Tacoma 3 -7 Days*
- To Hawaii from West Coast 9-33 Days*
- To Guam from West Coast 14 Days
- To Micronesia from West Coast 18 – 27 Days*
- To the South Pacific from West Coast 28 Days
* depending on origin/destination
For more information or to book your car, boat or RV, contact Alaska Customer Service 1-877-678-7447 or click here.