WHY Matson for car shipping from Hawaii or U.S. Mainland?
Matson has more experience shipping cars to and from Hawaii for consumers, manufacturers, businesses and the military than any other carrier in the Pacific. With more than 138 years transporting cargo to and from Hawaii, you can count on Matson to provide an easy, convenient and reliable experience to ship your car from Hawaii to U.S. Mainland or from U.S. Mainland to Hawaii. If you need to transport a boat, trailer or RV, Matson can help with those too.
Matson’s online tools allow you to book your car shipment from Hawaii or U.S. Mainland at your convenience from anywhere, at any time and on any device. Our knowledgeable customer service representatives can also help you make a booking and answer questions about shipping your car to Hawaii or U.S. Mainland.
With industry leading on-time arrivals and stellar customer service, shipping your car with Matson to and from Hawaii offers peace of mind so you can focus on other details of your move.
Competitive Pricing to and from Hawaii
- Cost to ship a car to Hawaii from U.S. Mainland starts at $1,497.
- Cost to ship a car to U.S. Mainland from Hawaii starts at $870.
- View our pricing page for more details on the cost to ship a car to or from Hawaii by origin and destination port.
- Contact Matson Customer Service at 1-800-4MATSON to get a quote on oversized vehicles, boats or RVs moving to or from Hawaii.
Attentive Car Care
- Matson ships hundreds of cars monthly to and from Hawaii and provides each and every one the finest care.
- Cars transit the Pacific in protected, ship-board garages, specially designed auto frames or in closed containers.
- Our Premium Service, for vehicle shipping between Hawaii and U.S. Mainland or U.S. Mainland and Hawaii, provides customers with a guaranteed pick up date at the time of booking to allow delivery on your schedule.
- Matson’s Premium Service provides you with extended cut offs, vessel of your choice and guaranteed availability at destination or ⅔ of your Matson ocean shipping costs back!
- “Guaranteed Availability” service rates to Hawaii from California (Long Beach and Oakland) start at $1,783.
- “Guaranteed Availability” service rates to California (Long Beach and Oakland) from Hawaii start at $1,783.
- View our pricing page for more details on the cost to ship a car to or from Hawaii by origin and destination port using Premium Service.
- If you are interested in our Premium Service please follow steps 1 through 4 when booking online and select “Premium Service Rate.”
- You will receive a booking number and a call from one of our experienced account specialists to finalize guaranteed delivery details.
- Contact Matson’s Customer Service team at 1-800-4MATSON to learn more or book Premium Service to ship your car to or from Hawaii.
Quick Drop-off and Pick-up
- Matson dedicated auto lots (Hawaii: Honolulu, Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili; U.S. Mainland: Long Beach, Oakland, Seattle, Tacoma; Alaska: Anchorage, Kodiak, Dutch Harbor) help customers avoid nearby terminal congestion and help ensure fast and convenient drop off and pick up.
Real Time Tracking Port to Port
- Matson’s online car shipment tracking tool provides transparency and offers peace of mind so you know where your vehicle is in real time, port to port as it ships between Hawaii and U.S. Mainland.
WHERE can Matson ship my car/truck?
- Hawaii ports: Honolulu (Sand Island), Kahului, Nawiliwili, Hilo
- U.S. Mainland ports: Tacoma, Seattle, Oakland, Long Beach
- Alaska ports: Anchorage, Kodiak, Dutch Harbor
- Guam/Micronesia ports: Guam, Saipan, Yap, Republic of Palau, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Majuro, Ebeye, Kwajalein
- South Pacific ports: Samoa, American Samoa, Fiji, Tahiti, Auckland
HOW LONG does it take to ship a car to or from Hawaii?
- To Hawaii from U.S. Mainland 5-7 Days†
- To U.S. Mainland from Hawaii 5-7 Days†
†Vessel sailing days only. Does not include transition period between auto lot, loading/unloading staging area and ship. Vehicle availability may vary; contact Customer Service for details.
Matson’s support of the U.S. military began in World War I. During World War I and II Matson moved 836,000 troops over 206 voyages and managed over 250 vessels. On behalf of the U.S. government, Matson continues to move equipment and supplies throughout the Pacific.
With gratitude we offer a $100 military discount to active duty service members for each car shipment either from Hawaii to U.S. Mainland or from U.S. Mainland to Hawaii. Active duty service members can book car shipments online or contact Matson Customer Service at 1-800-4-MATSON. To receive the military discount, check the “Active Duty” box online or mention the active duty discount when calling 1-800-4-MATSON (1-800-462-8766). The military discount cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.