As one of the largest intermodal service providers, Matson Logistics works with all Class 1 North American railroads to design and execute efficient and flexible programs for a broad base of shippers. Our expanded intermodal service connects virtually any point in North America, including Mexico and Canada.
How it Works
Matson Logistics partners with UP, NS, BNSF, KCS, FXE, CSX, CN, and CP providing a truly direct service into Mexico. Southbound shipments do not stop at the border for customs clearance; instead they move in-bond through the border, clearing customs at interior Mexico origins and destinations. The rail interchange between carriers at the border is seamless and ensures no delays due to ramp-to-ramp drayage.
Where it Goes
Our Mexico Service connects the rail centers of Toluca, San Luis Potosi, and Monterrey with Dallas/Fort Worth or Chicago. From these points, your products can continue via Matson’s rail or truck services to virtually any business address throughout south central Mexico and in the 48 states.
Our Mexico Service routes includes:
- Chicago to/ From Silao, San Luis Potosi, Monterrey Toluca and Mexico City
- Memphis to/From Silao
- Dallas/Fort Worth to/From Monterrey, San Luis Potosi and Toluca
- Los Angeles to/ from Monterrey, San Luis Potosi, Mexico City and Toluca
- Monterrey to Seattle
- Atlanta to/ From Monterrey, San Luis Potosi and Toluca
- Charlotte to/ From Monterrey, San Luis Potosi and Toluca
- Interline service to/from Canada and the eastern U.S. via Chicago
- Private fleet of 40-foot standard and 53-foot intermodal containers, with access to more than 100,000 units of pooled equipment
- 24/7 shipment visibility with customized track and trace reports and automated alerts pushed to you on demand
- Top tier partnerships with all Class I railroads to provide extensive intermodal coverage across Mexico, the United States, and Canada
Benefits to You
- Lower transportation costs and enhanced shipment routing flexibility
- Avoid congested highways and border crossings
- No cross-border transload or rehandling required, so your cargo remains safe and secure in the container
- Reduced carbon footprint for your products: trains can move 1 ton of freight up to 480 miles, versus just 59 miles for trucks
For transit times and booking information, contact: