WHY Matson for Car Shipping to or from the South Pacific
Matson has more experience shipping cars to and from the South Pacific (Tahiti, American Samoa, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Zealand) for consumers, manufacturers, businesses and the military than any other carrier in the Pacific. With more than 136 years specializing in moving cargo across Pacific, you can rely on Matson to provide an easy, convenient and reliable experience to ship your car to the South Pacific, Hawaii, Mainland, Alaska or Guam, If you need to ship a boat, trailer, RV or 4×4 Matson can help with those too.
Matson’s online tools allow you to book your car shipment at your convenience from anywhere, at any time and on any device. Our knowledgeable customer service representatives can also help you make a booking and answer questions about shipping a car to the South Pacific, Hawaii, Mainland, Alaska, Guam or Japan.
With industry leading on-time arrivals and stellar customer service, shipping a car with Matson helps give peace of mind so you can focus on other details of your move.
- Contact Matson Customer Service at 1-866-662-4826 to get a quote on all vehicles moving to or from the South Pacific.
Attentive Car Care
- Matson ships thousands of cars each month and provides each and every one the finest care.
- Cars transit the Pacific in protected, ship-board garages, specially designed auto frames or in closed containers.
- Our Premium Service provides customers with a guaranteed pick up date at the time of booking to allow delivery on your schedule.
Quick Drop-off and Pick-up
- Matson dedicated auto lots (Mainland: Los Angeles (Long Beach), Oakland, Seattle, Tacoma; Hawaii: Honolulu, Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili; Alaska; Guam and Micronesia) help customers avoid nearby terminal congestion and help ensure fast and convenient drop off and pick up.
Real Time Tracking Port to Port
- Matson’s online car shipment tracking tool provides transparency and peace of mind so you know where your vehicle is in real time, port to port.
WHERE can Matson ship my car/truck?
- South Pacific ports: Samoa (Apia), American Samoa (Pago Pago), Fiji (Lautoka and Suva), Tahiti (Papeete), Auckland, Tonga (Nukualofa), Cook Islands (Rarotonga, Aitutaki)
- U.S. Mainland ports: Seattle, Tacoma, Oakland, Los Angeles (Long Beach)
- Hawaii ports: Honolulu, Kahului, Nawiliwili, Hilo
- Alaska ports: Anchorage, Kodiak, Dutch Harbor
- Guam/Micronesia ports: Guam, Saipan, Republic of Palau, Federated States of Micronesia (Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae), Republic of the Marshall Islands (Majuro, Ebeye, Kwajalein).
- Japan port: Okinawa (Naha)
HOW LONG does it take?
- To Japan from West Coast 18 Days
- To Hawaii from West Coast 5-7 Days*
- To Alaska from Tacoma 3-7 Days*
- To Guam from West Coast 14 Days
- To Micronesia from West Coast 18-27 Days*
- To the South Pacific from West Coast 28 Days
*Vessel sailing days only. Does not include transition period between auto lot, loading/unloading staging area and ship. Vehicle availability may vary; contact Customer Service for details.