Matson South Pacific Limited
Matson South Pacific Ltd is a market leader in cargo transportation in the Pacific with comprehensive sailing schedules cover a multitude of ports throughout the Pacific. Schedules from the U.S. West Coast, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand include:-
- American Samoa: Pago Pago
- Cook Islands: Aitutaki and Rarotonga
- Fiji: Lautoka and Suva
- Niue: Alofi
- Republic of Nauru: Nauru
- Samoa: Apia
- Solomon Islands: Honiara and Noro
- Tonga: Nuku'alofa and Vava'u
- Vanuatu: Port Vila and Santo
Matson's has offices or agents in each of these ports to support the shipping and trade activities of the nations they serve, including stevedoring and freight forwarding.
Matson South Pacific also operates its own freight depot based in South Auckland. Matson customers will enjoy a comprehensive freight solution for a wide array of freight needs, from shipping large break-bulk cargo for major construction projects to sending small crates, boxes and palletted goods to family members abroad. Matson LCL in Onehunga provides a complete freight forwarding service, incorporating pick up, consolidation and delivery of LCL and break bulk cargo for both personal and business customers. To determine what your needs are continue to read the information below pertaining to FCL, LCL and Break Bulk opitons.
MODE: FCL (Full Container Load)
One of the most common forms of shipping today is an FCL container load. We offer a fleet of multipurpose containers to carry both dry and refrigerated or frozen cargo:
- 20' & 40' General Purpose Dry & Reefer Containers
- 20' & 40' High Cube Dry Containers
- 20' & 40' Open Top Dry Containers
- 20' & 40' Flush Folding Flatracks
- To view our container specifications please click here
- To discuss your FCL shipment with us please click here
MODE: LCL (Less than Container Load)
LCL shipments are best suited to those who do not have enough cargo to fill a container.
Our Matson depot, are a part of Matson South Pacific and are geared to provide an extensive range of freight forwarding services for both commercial and personal shippers. Incorporating pickup, consolidation, packing and seafreight, Matson offer a complete solution for your LCL requirements.
- To contact the team at our Matson depot please click here
MODE: Break Bulk
Our vessels enable us to offer a breakbulk or project cargo service. Typically, breakbulk cargo is overlength or overdimensional cargo which is unable to be containerised or does not suit containerisation. Breakbulk cargo is either stowed on deck or in the vessel's cargo hold.
Examples of breakbulk cargo include:
- Timber Masterpacks
- Machinery (cranes, excavators, forklifts)
- Steel (Mesh, coils, beams, rebars, pipes)
- Vehicles ( cars, trucks, 4x4)
- To discuss your breakbulk shipment with us please click here