Guam & Micronesia Service
Arriving in Guam each Tuesday, Matson’s vessel schedule allows West Coast shippers to support Guam’s weekend sales cycle.
Matson is committed to providing the reliability you’ve come to expect and has made a number of significant investments in our transportation infrastructure to ensure Guam’s critical supply chain remains modern and efficient. Our most recent investments include:
- Four new and efficient diesel container ships at a cost of more than $500 million dollars.
- New containers and chassis to support Guam’s economic expansion.
- Dedicated Matson-only terminals at all West Coast ports providing faster throughput.
- New technology systems to deliver information about your shipments.
Our investments today mean your business can rely on Matson well into the future:
- Reliable weekly schedules
- The right equipment in the right place at the right time
- Knowledgeable and friendly customer service
- Operational flexibility
- Modern and efficient ships
Other Matson Service Advantages:
Variety of Ports Served
Matson has extensive facilities and operations in four West Coast port areas: Long Beach, Oakland, Portland, and Seattle. From these port areas Matson provides service to Guam and continuing service from Guam to the neighboring islands of Saipan, Rota, Palau, Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Kwajalein, Majuro, and Ebeye. Eastbound service is offered from these islands back to the U.S. Mainland.
Matson can tailor a service that specifically fits your needs. In addition to our ocean transportation and customer support features, our offerings include specialized container equipment and electronic data interchange (EDI).
- CONTAINER YARD TO CONTAINER YARD (CY-CY) SHIPMENTS
This port-to-port service allows customers to deliver loaded containers to a convenient, efficient terminal and pick them up at the destination terminal. An approved equipment interchange agreement is required from your truck carrier to move Matson container equipment.
- STORE-DOOR SERVICES
In selected communities near Matson's West Coast ports, Matson will arrange to deliver an empty container to the customer's loading facility and pick it up when loaded.
- FULL INTERMODAL SERVICES
For shipments originating from or destined to points beyond the West Coast, Matson can arrange the complete transportation from origin to destination using connecting rail and/or truck services. Matson can move your Guam shipment to or from any point in the U.S. and Canada.
- NON-CONTAINERIZED FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
Matson can transport freight that may not fit in a container, including over-sized vehicles or heavy machinery.
- VEHICLE SHIPMENTS
Matson carries thousands of autos, trucks, buses, and tractors every year.
- SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT
Matson offers a wide variety of container types and sizes to meet the needs of our customers. Our specialized equipment includes open top containers, flat-racks, dedicated chassis and refrigerated containers. Refrigerated containers are available with the following optional service:
- TECTROL REFRIGERATED CONTAINER EQUIPMENT
Matson will furnish refrigerated containers specially equipped to use preservative gases. These containers use passive systems that introduce preservative gases into the container at the load port. We also will pay advance charges due suppliers of these gases subject to the collection of charges from the shipper or consignee.
- TECTROL REFRIGERATED CONTAINER EQUIPMENT
For FSM & Marshall Islands shipping (Palau, Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Kwajalein, Majuro, and Ebeye), the following are required from the shipper:
- Bill of Lading Information
- The Electronic Export Information (EEI); either the Internal Transaction Number produced when filing electronically at https://www.cbp.gov/trade/new-aesdirect-portal-now-available-ace or the appropriate exemption clause.
- For additional information regarding the new mandatory Automated Export System (AES) filing requirements please review this site: www.census.gov/trade
The following forms are provided by Matson:
- On Board or Received for Shipment Bill of Lading
- Order or Straight Bill of Lading
- Freight Bill
- Notice of Arrival
Note: Because Mid-Pacific shipping is foreign trade (not to a U.S. destination), Matson requires that all Mid-Pacific shipments must be prepaid, that is, the shipper is liable for charges. Matson will not collect from consignees in foreign ports. Credit terms for Mid-Pacific shipments are net 15 days.
Matson offers many other specialized services designed to meet our customers' needs. For more information, please contact our Customer Support Center at: 1-866-MNC-GUAM (866-662-4826).