Cars Received in Honolulu
In order to expedite your claim, please read the following directions carefully. If you did not report damages at the time of pick up, please complete our Online Claim Form. Please be specific in describing where and what damages you are claiming. ***Please Note***: Concealed or non-apparent damage must be reported to Matson’s claims department within 3 calendar days of pick up. For more information regarding liability and time limits to file a claim please see MNC Terms and Conditions.
If Matson is responsible for transportation damages that are apparent on your vehicle (excludes pre-existing damages or wear and tear items), our liability is limited to the amount of the damage actually sustained to your vehicle, not to exceed the market value and in no event, more than $1000 per 40 cubic feet based on the size of your vehicle. Should your claim be approved, we will pay the amount of the estimate directly to you. Matson will generally take 3-4 weeks to make a decision once your paperwork is received.
Physical Damages notated at pick up:
- Please call Westside Fender at 808-677-5112 for an appointment for an estimate. Westside Fender will only do an estimate for damages noted at the time your vehicle was picked up. Be sure to have your Matson Bill of Lading on hand when calling as they will need your Matson shipment number for reference. Upon completion of the inspection, they will collect your paperwork and forward it to Matson for you.
Mechanical Damages notated at pick up:
- A mechanics statement will be required as well as an estimate for repair. Please have the mechanic write a statement of what is wrong with the vehicle as well as what could have caused the damages on their letterhead and/or on the estimate itself. Please be advised damage due and confined to mechanical, electrical breakdown, vehicle maintenance, and normal wear and tear, will not be considered claimable as these are unrelated to the transport of your vehicle.
You may mail, email or fax your mechanical statement documentation to:Matson
1411 Sand Island Parkway
Honolulu, HI 96819
Attn: Claims Department
Fax Number: 808-841-2407
All faxes will be transmitted in black and white only. It is not recommended to fax photos.
Please be sure to include the following with your claim documentation:
- A letter indicating the damage you are claiming to include a specific dollar amount
- Matson Shipment/Booking number
- Contact information including e-mail address, mailing address, and day time phone number
- A copy of your vehicle survey indicating the new damage
- If a mechanical issue, a statement from the mechanic
- Photos of the damage (if applicable)
- Any other documentation you feel will support your claim
If you have any questions, please contact our claims department at 808-841-3348 or toll free 1-800-372-2136 and request to be transferred to the claims department.