|As a leading U.S domestic carrier with over a century of service, Matson’s expertise in providing a full array of transportation services is among the best in the industry. Matson’s core values embrace a commitment to quality and service combined with a passionate vision to shape the future for our customers, community and within the transportation and logistics market.|
|Responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.|
• Receiving/Put-Away- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
• Order Picking- Pull and prepare product for shipment. Ensure that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
• Loading- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
• Equipment- Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp, push-pull or other powered equipment. Position also requires the use of RF equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
• Inventory- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation. Conduct cycle counts as requested.
• Maintenance- Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as required.
• Comply with all Company rules, policies, and procedures. Work and behave safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
• Perform any task required to support customer requirements and Company goals.
|Essential skills and experience:|
• Skills- This position requires OSHA certification and forklift recertification every 3 years.
• Five (5) or more years of related Warehousing & Distribution leadership experience and/or training. This related experience may be substituted for degree; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Proven track record of successful innovation experience in Warehousing & Distribution.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
|Relocation Available: N|
Matson offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition we believe in fostering an environment where career development and enhancement is paramount to the company’s success. If this is of interest to you and your background is a match for this opportunity, please submit a resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting your resume, please indicate the Job Title and Requisition Number.
Equal Opportunity Employer