|As a leading U.S domestic carrier with over a century of service, Matson’s expertise in providing a full array of transportation services is among the best in the industry. Matson’s core values embrace a commitment to quality and service combined with a passionate vision to shape the future for our customers, community and within the transportation and logistics market.|
|Responsible for maintaining accurate records of inventory. Handles all paperwork and procedures necessary to meet this goal. He/she verifies all orders received and shipped and ensures that the orders are properly accounted for in the company’s records. The Inventory Control Clerk accounts for all defective or damaged products and follows with appropriate corrective action.|
• Inventory Management- Maintain and update inventory records. Create efficient and accurate inventory management procedures. Perform all daily activities necessary to maintain effective inventory management procedures. Reconcile inventories to book records and make adjustments when necessary. Coordinate the annual physical inventory procedures. Implement a loss prevention program. Make recommendations on programs to improve the management of inventory.
• Quality- Plan and implement a recoup program to ensure all damaged/defective product is accounted for and properly handled by either dumping, salvaging or returning to stock. Maintain records to accurately track recouped product and return saleable product to stock. Supervise the inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs, including weekly and monthly reporting.
• Stock Search- Conduct as necessary, any search to locate products within the system. Adjust records when there are discrepancies between actual product and records. Take steps to correct and prevent discrepancies.
• Returns- Develop a program to audit returns and move returned product to its proper location. When necessary, process proper documentation to generate a prompt credit transaction. Take appropriate action on product that is not in saleable condition.
• Cycle Count- Perform weekly cycle counts and make system adjustments as necessary.
• Shortages/Security- Develop a program to maintain tight security over the inventory. Assure that only authorized personnel have access to inventory records. Maintain accurate inventory records to help facilities shortage detection.
• Records/Reports- Develop all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts including records of all audits, counts and adjustments. Complete and issue all necessary records and reports including filing invoices and maintaining customer records in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Customer Interfacing- Communicate with customers regarding timing of physical inventories. Work with CSRs, Supervisors, and Warehouse Supervisors to establish cut-off dates.
• Comply with all Company rules, policies, and procedures. Work and behave safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
• Perform any task required to support customer requirements and Company goals.
|Essential skills and experience:|
• Five (5) or more years of related Warehousing & Distribution leadership experience and/or training. This related experience may be substituted for degree; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Proven track record of successful innovation experience in Warehousing & Distribution.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
|Relocation Available: N|
Matson offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition we believe in fostering an environment where career development and enhancement is paramount to the company’s success. If this is of interest to you and your background is a match for this opportunity, please submit a resume to us at email@example.com
When submitting your resume, please indicate the Job Title and Requisition Number.
Equal Opportunity Employer